Adopting a Dachshund, Cross or Puppy
If you’ve made it to this page you must be thinking about adopting a Dachshund…
Please read everything we have to say below before completing our application to adopt….
Points to consider before you apply for a dog:
1. Many of our dogs are often traumatised, insecure and sometimes they have also been physically abused. It will be your responsibility to rehabilitate these dogs which will require your patience, understand and full cooperation.
2. They often need a lot of time spent on them so generally they are not suitable to be left for long periods of time. We believe that 4 hours is the maximum amount of time a dog should be left per day but for many of our dogs even this is too long. Puppies in particular benefit from not being left for long periods so please consider this before applying. We may ask your employer to verify your work hours.
3. We are looking for homes for all our dogs where they live as part of the family. Please consider the age of the dog/puppy you want to adopt against your own age before applying. Whilst we understand life holds no guarantees we try to give every dog the best possible chance of a home for the rest of it’s life.
4. We will allow dogs to be adopted to homes with children of all ages as long as the dog is suitable for that environment. We will discuss your circumstances and try to determine if the dog you’re interested in will be suitable for your home/family/lifestyle/other pets.
5. We are looking for wonderful, responsible, forever homes. That means asking questions and trying to marry up the correct pet with the prospective family. We are not judgmental but we have a very large responsibility to make sure we do what’s right for you and especially for our charges.